Your access to this site has been limited by the site owner
If you think you have been blocked in error, contact the owner of this site for assistance.
If you are a WordPress user with administrative privileges on this site, please enter your email address in the box below and click "Send". You will then receive an email that helps you regain access.
Block Technical Data
|Block Reason:||Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons.|
|Time:||Tue, 15 Mar 2022 6:14:11 GMT|
Wordfence is a security plugin installed on over 4 million WordPress sites. The owner of this site is using Wordfence to manage access to their site.
You can also read the documentation to learn about Wordfence's blocking tools, or visit wordfence.com to learn more about Wordfence.
Click here to learn more: Documentation
Generated by Wordfence at Tue, 15 Mar 2022 6:14:11 GMT.
Your computer's time: .
CBD for OCD
CBD is a compound derived from whole hemp plants used to treat various physical and mental ailments. Current studies suggest that cannabis can be used to give relief to OCD sufferers. OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder is a psychological disorder that makes an individual do a repetitive thing.
7 Best CBD for OCD in 2022
View all CBD for OCD
It involves the urgency to do certain chores repeatedly, known as compulsions; or have intrusive thoughts, known as an obsession. Behaviors like, washing hands, uncontrollable cleaning, locking, and unlocking doors are all signs of OCD. In these cases, the brain instructs the person that a certain action is necessary. OCD affects many, irrespective of gender. You cannot identify if someone is suffering from this disorder as the symptoms are hidden. Let’s dig deep and find out how medical marijuana for OCD helps.
How Can You Treat OCD?
There’re two kinds of treatment:
- Cognitive brain therapy – This popular treatment cures a plethora of mental disorders, depressions, and social sickness. During the basic level, the treatment involves a series of meetings to determine what causes the repeated actions and thought processes behind the obsession. It’s vital to find out what prompts the brain to cause a compulsory response and then look for ways to free the brain from the trigger.
- Medication – Many medicines are used to treat OCD and other types of depression. Though it’s not clear how the drugs work, they create a balance in the level of serotonin. The function of serotonin is complex; it works as a messenger, allowing the brain to communicate with other parts of the body. When you touch something hot, you withdraw your hand immediately because the brain sends a message. If the brain fails to communicate properly, the message gets jumbled.
How Does CBD Treat OCD?
If OCD is responsible for the rise of serotonin levels, CBD has the power to control it. The cannabidiol has a positive effect on stress and aids in boosting mood. If you’re wondering if cannabis can reduce the influence of serotonin, the fact is cannabinoids attach themselves to the serotonin receptors and regulating them. A hormone called anandamide is responsible for influencing mood levels and anxiety. CBD increases this hormone’s production while enhancing the enzyme that prompts anandamide’s breakdown.
Currently, CBD’s ability to alleviate OCD and its related symptoms is largely hypothetical because there has been limited research done yet. There’s no doubt that cannabis oil is effective to cure and slow the progression of various ailments, but evidence to prove its effectiveness towards OCD sufferers is yet to be discovered.
However, a handful of studies states that CBD oil for OCD has shown improved symptoms in many patients, but more large-scale trials are needed. The effect of medical weeds showed a significant reduction in anxiety, compulsions, and intrusive thoughts. With greater dosages, there’s a larger reduction in compulsive and obsessive actions.
You can find an ideal product on our top product list.
Benefits of CBD for OCD: How Can It Help?
CBD for OCD can act on the stress and anxiety level as a whole. Its potential benefits include:
- Sound asleep at night;
- Minimizes levels of cortisol to ward off stress;
- Aids inflammation in the brain cells;
- Stabilizes mood and regulates serotonin level;
- Relaxes muscles of the body;
- Alleviates nausea and vomiting;
- Safeguards the neurons;
- Boosts appetite.
The cannabinoid is an essential compound found in the marijuana plant. It’s a non-psychoactive element that comes with a host of benefits, especially reducing pain, anxiety, and depression symptoms. OCD is caused by multiple factors, but the endocannabinoid system of the body indeed plays a crucial role in stabilizing fear, concern, and repetitive actions.
The Endocannabinoid system is a network of receptors that assists in maintaining mood, sleep, appetite, and other bodily functions. When cannabis for OCD interacts with this system, it brings a lot of regulation in these processes.
Go through our review sections to know more.
More choices available
Should You Give CBD to Children with OCD?
CBD is FDA approved and can treat 3 rare types of epilepsy. It hasn’t been researched enough to give it to children to cure other disorders. Besides safety, its long-term effects are also questionable. Without hard evidence, avoid giving it to kids. Another problem with CBD is that the bottles are often mislabeled. Many studies have found that several products sold online have a considerable level of THC.
Uses: Ways You Can Consume
Since the rise of weeds, the products are available in various forms and formulations. Some simple ways in which you can take CBD oil for OCD dosage are:
- CBD oil drops – The fastest way to get cannabis flowing into your bloodstream is by consuming CBD drops or tinctures. As soon as it mixes with your system, it starts showing effects and alleviating symptoms. – If you want to relish the original taste of marijuana along with enjoying the restorative effects, you can go for vaping. Take a puff inside your mouth and fill your lungs with a mist of cannabis. This is also a fast-reacting and makes you feel better within a couple of minutes. – Just like any other medicines, CBD capsules can be taken before or after a meal as per the doctor’s advice. Capsules take time to react as it reaches the digestive tract and then gets broken down to enter the system.
- CBD crystals – You can find powder or solid crystals which you can add to food or drinks and enjoy cannabis most discretely. Besides crystals, there’re different forms of edibles sold.
When it comes to an obsessive-compulsive disorder, the dosage is particularly important. It depends on the severity of the condition and will be wrong to say that on-size-fits-all. Though it may take a while to find the right dose, you can adjust it as per your body’s needs.
If you want to buy one, you can have a look at our top product list.
Can You Take CBD with Other OCD Medications?
In this case, talking to a doctor seems logical as cannabidiol can interact with several drugs. For instance, if you’re told to avoid grapefruit, you can’t include grapefruit-flavored cannabis gummies in your diet. CBD and grapefruit both cut off the CYP3A4 enzyme that is responsible for breaking down various drugs. On inhibiting this enzyme, the medication’s break down is decelerated, thus increasing side effects. Medicines used for depression, anxiety, and mood disorders may interact with cannabis products.
Check our review section to know more!
The bottom line
CBD’s popularity and claims have garnered huge attention in the medical and scientific fields. The entire community is investigating the potential benefits of cannabis and the connection between CBD and OCD. Various clinical trials and studies have displayed positive effects of CBD on obsessive-compulsive disorder and other mental illnesses, therefore patients can begin experimenting at small dosages.
There’re capsules, oils, edibles, and tinctures- take them as it suits your preference and lifestyle. No matter what you choose, all are excellent forms of cannabis, designed to put an end to your troubles. Now, if you’re convinced to purchase one, you can find the best CBD oil for OCD in our top 7 product list.