Can You Really Buy CBD Oil on Amazon?
Have you ever searched for CBD oil on Amazon? Well, we definitely did.
When you launch a search, hundreds of products show up in the results; but, they’re generally labeled as “hemp oil extract” or “hemp oil” instead of “CBD oil.”
This would definitely leave you puzzled as to whether these are the products you are looking for. Do these products really have CBD in them? Do they actually offer the pain and anxiety relief you are seeking? Can you really buy CBD oil on Amazon? Is it that simple?
To sum it up for you: Yes, you can find CBD products on amazon. But, there is some details you need to be careful about!
CBD School is here to clear up any confusion you may face in case you decide to buy CBD products on Amazon. We want you to get the real deal!
Soo Many CBD Companies
There are so many opportunities to make money out of CBD these days and manufacturers and entrepreneurs are certainly jumping at every opportunity to do so.
Since CBD isn’t regulated, anyone can have some oil in a bottle, label it, and claim it is CBD. Some salesmen even bottle snake oil or subpar products claiming they are CBD. If you think about it: Who can tell? You will fall in their unethical tricks without even knowing
If you decide to buy CBD oil on Amazon, be sure to keep the following in mind.
Buying CBD Oil on Amazon
When you search on Amazon for CBD oil , you’ll find products labeled as “extract of hemp”, “hemp oil”, or “hemp oil extract”. You will never find anything labeled CBD.
Simply put, it is against Amazon’s policy to sell CBD on its website – even CBD isolate . So, sellers use similar words to be able to be featured and do business.
So, in order to bypass this rule, sellers don’t exactly disclose that there is actually CBD in their products . This is the ruse that many of the biggest names in CBD have been doing for years to stay under the radar of the strict government control.
These different names for CBD oil are not some arbitrary terms that came out of nowhere. Companies who use this term are often advised to do so by their legal teams. There is nothing wrong about this terminology as CBD oil is truly made from a an extract that comes from hemp.
The term is not false and the sellers are not lying.
We are not looking to provide legal advice in this article .
You can talk to a lawyer about what should be the proper labeling for your products, if you feel you might need more official legal advice.
What Exactly is Hemp Extract? Does it Contain CBD?
To the unsuspecting consumer, it can be easy to confuse “CBD oil”, “CBD hemp oil”, and “hemp oil” among many other names. To add to the confusion sometimes you will even see “hemp seed oil”.
CBD is extracted from hemp. Most of these items are identical, they just share a different name. However, keep in mind one thing: hemp seeds have no CBD content – at all.
CBD (cannabidiol) is the most abundant non-intoxicating cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. It is abundant in the flowers and leaves, although much lower amounts can still be found in the stems of the plant.
Enjoying your read? Sign up to be a part of the CBD School community, and we’ll send you a free eBook called The Beginner’s Guide to CBD. It will get you caught up in all things CBD. Additionally, you’ll get updates on the best CBD products and discounts in the industry.
Using various state-of-the-art extraction techniques, CBD is extracted from all these different parts of the plant. Because of its different sources, it is responsible for the countless wellness benefits offered the cannabinoid contains.
While CBD is typically sold as “CBD oil” in stores, it is against Amazon’s policy for companies to sell CBD products. That’s when the loopholes appeared to sellers and the origins of things like “hemp oil extract” started appearing. Aliases are always used to twist some words. Haven’t you ever read the term “natural” or “clean” on food labels. These two are powerful claims with a lot of controversies and loopholes in them.
Hemp seed oil, on the other hand, is produced from pressing the seeds of hemp plants.
While hemp seeds are super nutritious and an awesome food and supplement, they contain insignificant amounts of CBD and other cannabinoids. The levels are almost close to none.
CBD companies don’t make their CBD products and oils by pressing hemp seeds. They use the whole plant, especially the flowers. Remember, the highest concentration of CBD is found in the flowers of hemp plants.
Hemp seed oil is good for you, but it doesn’t have any CBD – at all; so, it will not be able to offer the widely-supported benefits of CBD.
To keep things simple, just think of the seed oil of the hemp plant as a food product and CBD hemp oil as a supplement. But, c an hemp seed oil also be taken as a supplement just like CBD? Sure, we’ve seen concentrated amounts of hemp seed oil in capsules taken like fish oil supplements. Hemp seed oils do have potent properties. They can help people with skin problems like eczema and psoriasis .
Hemp seed oil has many health benefits. These include its high content in polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) such as omega-3 and omega-6.
A study explained that due to the high content in omega-3, hemp seed oil can lower inflammation, which lowers the risks of cancer and heart disease 2 .
Other studies explained the the effectiveness of hemp seed oil in treating acne, improving eczema symptoms and treating psoriasis 1 , 3
But for the most part, the majority of the hemp seed oil is consumed as a food or ingredient in recipes.
What About Amazon’s Policy Regarding CBD Oil?
Here’s the deal. While you can legitimately buy these types of products on Amazon, there are a few things you need to know.
Amazon has a policy on CBD products. According to the Amazon website:
Drug listings must not be for controlled substances or products containing controlled substances, such as: Products containing cannabidiol (CBD), a Schedule I Controlled Substance, including but not limited to Rich Hemp Oil containing cannabidiol (CBD) Products that have been identified as containing CBD . One of the ways sellers get around this is by labeling CBD oil as “hemp oil.”
The loophole exists since Amazon allows the sale of hemp products like hemp seed oil, hemp soap, and hemp clothing but not CBD oils.
So, what is the deal?
The oil extracted from hemp is almost the same thing as hemp seed oil; but, with one important difference: it contains CBD!
Despite all the loopholes and even if amazon sells products that supposedly contain “CBD oil”, you need to be careful since there are no guarantee it does contain what it is claiming.
S0, the product you purchase might claim to contain 2500 mg of “hemp oil”, but there’s a BIG difference between hemp seed oil and hemp oil which is really CBD. So, the 2500 mg of hemp oil does not equal 2500 mg of CBD oil.
In order to make sure that you are purchasing a product containing CBD oil, keep the following things in mind:
Make Sure You’re Buying Products That Actually Have CBD
Remember that when buying CBD oil on Amazon, it’s most commonly sold under its alias “hemp extract.” So, look for this ingredient in the label. It should be clearly displayed under Supplement Facts on the back. The higher the content of hemp-derived extract in the product, the higher the amount of CBD is.
Check the Milligram Content
Most legit CBD oils on Amazon have their content listed in milligram units on the bottle. This refers to how many milligrams of CBD is in the product, which can help you determine your perfect dosage size.
If the serving size under “Supplement Facts” on the label doesn’t have mgs per serving, move on to another product . How are you going to determine the dosage if you don’t know the mgs of CBD per dose?
If the product you are looking at on Amazon says hemp oil, and there’s no mention of “mgs” or milligrams on the bottle, it’s very unlikely that the product contains any CBD. You need to be careful here.
Below is an example of the supplement facts of a bottle of food-grade hemp seed oil.
Healthy and delicious? Sure!
You won’t find any CBD in it, though.
Contact the Seller Directly
If you are not sure whether the product you are considering is really CBD, then, contact the seller and ask about it. While you are at it, also check if they their products have been tested by a 3 rd party, whether they really contain actual CBD, and if there is any THC in their CBD oil.
Send the seller a message, they’ll likely get back to you with all the information you need to make an informed decision. Getting in touch with the seller and receiving a lab report is your best way to ensure that the product you want to buy is exactly what you are looking for.
Can You Buy Full Spectrum CBD Oil on Amazon?
Full-spectrum CBD is a CBD oil or product that does not simply contain pure CBD. It contains all the other naturally occurring plant compounds found alongside CBD, in hemp.
People seek out full-spectrum CBD oil to get the benefits of not just the CBD, but the other compounds as well. This is called the entourage effect and it’s well known in the cannabis and CBD communities 4 .
Sellers of CBD may sell full-spectrum CBD. You need to inquire directly with them to ask them whether the product contains this type of CBD and whether they would be willing to share lab reports. One clue that a product contains full spectrum CBD is that it will have terpenes listed on the bottle among the ingredients. The seller may also use “whole-plant extract” to refer to it.
Look for Products That Come in a Tincture or Dropper Bottle
What’s the biggest visual difference between a bottle of CBD oil and a bottle of food-grade hemp seed oil? The bottle itself!
CBD oils tend to come in concentrated small amounts like 1 to 2 oz in a dropper bottle with a pipette at the top for dosing.
Seed oil from hemp, on the other hand is most often in a bigger bottle of 4 oz or more. It will resemble an olive oil or avocado oil bottle.
Still Confused? Just Ask!
Never hesitate to reach out to the seller and ask all the questions you need. Feel free to ask them whether it is CBD oil or hemp seed oil that you are buying.
Remember, your are buying your product from Amazon and it is supposed to be easy and simple; so, don’t overcomplicate things!
If the seller ignores your questions, just move on to another seller who deserves your business more. Absence of communication normally refers to lack of transparency. These are not the sellers you are looking to do business with.
But Isn’t it Possible that a Product Could Contain Both Hemp Seed Oil and CBD?
Yes, it is! CBD oil is made by suspending a predetermined amount of CBD in a base liquid for ease of oral administration.
The most common base liquid, or sometimes called “carrier oils” are coconut oil, MCT oil, and hemp seed oil that is often called hemp oil.
If All Else Fails…
Remember that the size and look of the bottle will be your first clue as to whether you are buying actual CBD oil.
If the bottle looks like a small tincture-sized bottle, then that’s probably what it is: CBD oil.
On the other hand, if the bottle looks bigger and taller, and there’s more volume of liquid in it (usually 8 oz or more), that’s hemp seed oil intended for eating. It does not provide any CBD content.
CBD oils, on Amazon, simply look like a bottle of supplement: small bottle with a pipette at the top for drawing up the concentrated liquid, and “Supplement Facts” (not Nutrition Facts) listed on that back of the bottle.
Here’s a Quick Recap on Finding the Right CBD on Amazon
♥ Small tincture bottle with pipettes at the top for concentrated oral delivery
♥ Avoid the hemp seed oils
♥ Milligrams per dose clearly written on the label
♥ CBD product on Amazon is a product intended to be a supplement, not a food or recipe ingredient, although people put CBD oil in just about any food or drink!
♥ Reach out to the seller directly to ask all of your questions and make sure to request 3rd party lab reports for you to examine to see what’s really in the products they’re selling
So Can I Really Buy CBD on Amazon?
But it’s important to keep everything we mentioned in mind.
Don’t be duped by the countless companies trying to pass off a poor quality product to you as CBD.
Read your labels. Make sure the product you’re looking at contains “hemp extract”. Read reviews from other buyers.
Are you better off buying CBD in a specialty store or directly from a manufacturer online? Y es, probably.
Not only are you not going to be fooled into buying a product without CBD in it, but you’re going to get better service.
You’ll also be in no violation of Amazon’s rules.
But not everyone has access to specialty stores. And not every CBD company will ship to any location in the USA, especially it is does not have medical cannabis laws.
Also, buying things on Amazon is just easy and convenient.
To answer the question “can you really buy CBD oil on Amazon?” once and for all: Yes, you can. It’s just not going to be labeled as CBD and you’ve got to look out for imposters.
While it’s unclear what the future holds for CBD oil (and cannabis products in general) on Amazon, what is clear is that the e-commerce giant will stand by federal law for the time being.
Best CBD Oil to Ease Anxiety and Pain: Best CBD Oil for Dogs: All-Natural Way to Ease Anxiety and Pain for your pets Paperback – Import, 11 August 2020
The return timelines for seller-fulfilled items sold on Amazon.in are equivalent to the return timelines mentioned above for items fulfilled by Amazon.
If you’ve received a seller-fulfilled product in a condition that is damaged, defective or different from its description on the product detail page on Amazon.in, returns are subject to the seller’s approval of the return.
If you do not receive a response from the seller for your return request within two business days, you can submit an A-to-Z Guarantee claim. Learn more about returning seller fulfilled items.
Note: For seller fulfilled items from Books, Movies & TV Shows categories, the sellers need to be informed of the damage/ defect within 14 days of delivery.
For seller-fulfilled items from Fine Art category, the sellers need to be informed of the damage / defect within 10 days of delivery. These items are not eligible for self-return. The seller will arrange the return pick up for these items.
For seller-fulfilled items from Sports collectibles and Entertainment collectibles categories, the sellers need to be informed of the damage / defect within 10 days of delivery.
The General Return Policy is applicable for all Amazon Global Store Products (“Product”). If the Product is eligible for a refund on return, you can choose to return the Product either through courier Pickup or Self-Return**
Note: – Once the package is received at Amazon Export Sales LLC fulfillment center in the US, it takes 2 (two) business days for the refund to be processed and 2- 4 business days for the refund amount to reflect in your account. – If your return is due to an Amazon error you’ll receive a full refund, else the shipping charges (onward & return) along with import fees will be deducted from your refund amount.
**For products worth more than INR 25000, we only offer Self-Return option.
Refunds are applicable only if determined that the item was not damaged while in your possession, or is not different from what was shipped to you.
Where to Buy CBD Oil for Sale Online Legally
When looking into CBD oil brands, it’s important to spend as much time as you can researching both the brand as well as its products. Sadly, there are a lot of brands out on the market that offer inferior products at cheap prices. And though it may seem great to feel like you’re getting a fantastic deal on CBD oil, the fact of the matter is that a lot of these oils can be riddled with harmful pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and other dangerous chemicals and bacteria.
Most all reputable brands follow a strict set of guidelines and criteria when making their CBD oils. For example, highly regarded brands use the best quality ingredients, obtain all of their hemp extracts using the clean, industry-preferred CO2 extraction process, and have an independent third-party lab to routinely test all products for quality and content. Reputable brands also believe in transparency. To that end, these brands will always make those lab reports available to customers either by publishing them on their website, including the report with each purchase, or furnishing it upon customer request, among other ways.
As a consumer, it’s your responsibility to do the best you can to find the most reputable CBD brands and products for all of your health needs and wellness goals. In fact, you should be so well researched and well-versed in CBD, that you’ll know exactly what to look for when you jump online to go looking for CBD oils. Gaining an understanding of what it takes to be a reputable brand will help you to immediately sniff out brands that cut corners and sell cheap, harmful products.
Purchasing CBD Oil That’s on Sale Online
CBDBreak worked hard to test over 40 CBD brands so that we could give our readers the best brands to purchase CBD oil online from. All of the oils that these brands create are top-quality products that are thoroughly tested by an independent third-party lab. Moreover, these brands also offer a large variety of products that are perfectly suited for people with a variety of different health issues and conditions.
Top 7 Brands for Legally Buying CBD Oil for Sale Online
FAB CBD: Editor’s Top Choice
FAB CBD is one of the strongest, most caring and transparent brands out on today’s CBD oil market. The brand made its entrance into the industry in 2017, and has since kept plugging away at making advancements in the CBD oil industry. FAB CBD cares about transparency, kind and thorough customer service, and crafting the best possible CBD products. The brand’s mission has always been to help customers meet their health goals through living a preventative wellness lifestyle. Regular FAB CBD customers love that the brand is trustworthy, caring, and transparent. Since the very beginning, FAB CBD has set out to create the highest quality CBD and nutritional products so that customers can be the healthiest versions of themselves.
Everyone on the FAB CBD team helps to make the brand’s mission come to life through the formulation of its clean, potent, and effective CBD products. Verified customer reviews allow new and potential customers to see how the brand’s products have helped others with different health issues. Moreover, the brand’s caring and kind customer service has received some of the highest reviews in the industry among both customers and industry experts and CBD journalists. For these reasons, and many more, we’ve selected FAB CBD as our top choice.
- Highlights — FAB CBD has a fantastic lineup of clean and potent products. The brand’s caring customer service department outshines many others in the industry because they are warm and empathetic. Moreover, everyone at FAB CBD has a positive attitude, always pushes the envelope when it comes to product innovation, and believes strongly in transparency.
- Hemp Sources — All of the brand’s excellent CBD extracts come from organically sourced Colorado hemp that’s free from pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals. FAB CBD employs state-of-the-art growing and cloning methods and uses the very clean, industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of it’s potent and clean extracts.
- About FAB CBD Oil — FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils come in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg, and in smooth and delicious all-natural flavors like vanilla, mint, berry, citrus, and natural.
- Lab Testing — FAB CBD is big on transparency. To that end, the brand routinely has all of its products tested by ProVerde Labs, an independent third-party laboratory. Those lab results are then published by FAB CBD on its website where customers can easily locate them.
- Customer Service — The brand’s award-winning customer service department has won many accolades for being kind, caring, and attentive to customers’ needs, questions, and concerns.
- Pros — FAB CBD is involved in the creation process of its CBD oils from seed to sale. All of the brand’s full-spectrum oils are crafted from organic Colorado hemp to ensure that all extracts are pure, effective, and clean. Lastly, when we compared the brand’s prices against other reputable CBD brands in the industry we found that the prices are in line and right where they should be. Furthermore, the prices also reflect the quality of the ingredients and the cutting edge methods that were used to craft the CBD oils.
- Cons — The brand does not offer international shipping.
CBDistillery: Creative Product Options
CBD enthusiasts from Colorado first founded CBDistillery in 2016. The founders set out to pave their way in the industry because they weren’t too fond of the fact that the CBD market was flooded with unreputable brands that sold poorly made CBD products that were filled with dangerous herbicides, pesticides, solvents, and other dangerous chemicals.
The brand’s website states that it’s one of the “largest, affordable, and fastest-growing brands in today’s CBD industry.” CBDistillery pushes to educate the world about CBD by using its large social media presence online. In fact, the brand’s hashtags speak about the “CBD Movement” that it’s creating.
- Highlights — All of CBDistillery’s hemp is sourced from Colorado. The brand is highly involved in the creation process of all of its products, and strongly believes in being transparent with its customers. CBDistillery puts its customers first and wants to know that they are having the best possible experience with its products, website, and customer service department. The brand is certified through the US Hemp Authority Certification Program.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp is cultivated in Colorado. The hemp is free pesticide- and herbicide-free, and doesn’t contain any harmful solvents or chemicals.
- About The CBD Oil — CBDistillery crafts full-spectrum CBD oil drops that range from 500mg to 5000mg strengths per bottle. The brand also creates broad spectrum tinctures that range from 500mg to 2500mg strengths. Interestingly, the brand also offers a CBD isolate option.
- Lab Testing — CBDistillery also uses ProVerde Labs as its independent third–party lab that routinely tests all of its products for quality and consistency. The resulting lab reports are published on the CBDistillery website where customers can easily find them. Customers can also obtain a copy of the lab reports by using their smartphone to scan the QR code on any products that they’ve purchased.
- Customer Service — The brand’s customer service department works hard to respond to each customer’s concern, comment, and question.
- Pros — The brand makes it easy for customers to get their hands on copies of its third-party lab reports. CBDistillery also has cost-saving programs for veterans, the disabled, and low-income individuals so that they can all have access to CBD. Lastly, the brand sells a unique line of products that customers can easily afford.
- Cons — CBDistillery’s product packaging is not the most eye-catching. The brand also uses an ethanol extraction method to obtain its extracts over the cleaner CO2 extraction method. Lastly, verified customer reviews have said that CBDistillery’s oil droppers are not the most durable.
Cheef Botanicals: Best Brand Mission
Cheef Botanicals seeks to educate the masses about the hemp plant’s healing powers. Because the brand’s founders were upset over how the pharmaceutical industry misled the general public throughout the years, they took it upon themselves to create Cheef Botanicals. To that end, the founders of the brand are on a mission to speak the truth about CBD’s healing power as well as the many benefits that natural alternatives can offer.
Everyone at Cheef Botanicals firmly believes that the consumption of natural superfoods helps lower the risk of disease and promotes general health and wellness. Cheef Botanicals’ founders are attempting to end the bodily harm brought about by today’s pharmaceutical industry. They want all of their customers to live a balanced, stable life through the improvement of their health and wellness. Cheef Botanicals crafts CBD tinctures in 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 300mg strengths.
- Highlights — Cheef Botanicals has a strong mission. Likewise, the brand is led by knowledgeable professionals with a wealth of food industry experience. Together, the founders were able to bring the brand’s mission to life by enabling its customers to experience CBD’s healing power while identifying the pharmaceutical industry’s dangers. All of the brand’s products are non-GMO, dairy-free, gluten free, and cruelty free. Moreover, all of the ingredients used to craft the brand’s products are pure, potent, and natural.
- Source of Hemp — Cheef Botanicals sources its organic hemp from Oregon and Colorado.
- About The CBD Oil — Cheef Botanicals’ full-spectrum tinctures come in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 3000mg.
- Lab Testing — Like our other reputable brands, Cheef Botanicals also uses an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products for consistency and potency.
- Customer Service — Cheef Botanicals’ customer service department works tirelessly to ensure that the needs, questions, and concerns of its customers are met.
- Pros — The brand offers a wide variety of all-natural, vegan, and non-GMO products. Cheef Botanicals’ hemp is sourced within the United States and is clean and organic. The brand also offers free shipping and a 30-day, money-back guarantee, as well as a subscription option. Lastly, all of the brand’s full-spectrum extracts are obtained through the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process.
- Cons — There are contradictory statements put forth on the brand’s website, and prices are quite high for its concentrated products.
MedTerra: Affordable Products
It took a group of CBD-lovers who passionately believed in the power of the hemp plant to build MedTerra from the ground up. The founders believe that everyone should be able to take advantage of hemp plant’s benefits through quality, affordable CBD products. The brand’s main mission is to create high-quality CBD products at affordable prices. Likewise, MedTerra also believes in accountability, and is involved, seed to sale, in the creation process of its products.
The brand’s industrial hemp is cultivated according to strict guidelines that have been established by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture. Therefore, each product has to be regularly tested by an independent third-party lab for quality and consistency. MedTerra is partnered up with the Hemp Pilot Research Program and is able to reach customers across the United States and most other countries internationally. The brand’s team of experts has dedicated their lives to the best industrial hemp farming practices, quality control, vegetable genetics, and food-grade compound extraction.
- Highlights — Everyone at MedTerra strives to create products in a sustainable way. The brand also tries hard to keep its products as affordable as possible. MedTerra feels transparency is of utmost importance, and seeks to create effective and clean products through the use of synergistic ingredients.
- Source of Hemp — MedTerra’s organic, non-GMO hemp comes directly from Kentucky. It was also one of the first brands to obtain the US Hemp Authority Certified Seal in March of 2019.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand makes a wide variety of CBD oils that caters to a large audience. MedTerra offers customers full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate CBD oil drops. To that end, the brand uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its hemp extracts.
- Lab Testing — MedTerra uses a third-party lab to routinely test its products for potency and purity. Customers can download these reports by batch by clicking on the “Certificate of Analysis” link at the bottom of the brand’s website.
- Customer Service — The brand has a very helpful and knowledgeable customer service department.
- Pros — Customers have a great choice of full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate oil options. MedTerra also has a nice selection of CBD oil flavors and potencies. Like most of our other brands, MedTerra offers customers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
- Cons — The brand does offer overseas shipping.
Green Roads: Large Flavor Variety
Green Roads was founded by Compound Pharmacist Laura Fuentes who was searching for a way to help her dear friend overcome his opioid addiction. Since 2013, Fuentes and her friend, Arby, set out to use Green Roads and the CBD products they created as a vehicle to help those who were struggling with addiction or who simply were looking for a natural way to boost their health and wellness.
The brand is unique in that it came onto the scene when CBD was in its infancy. The brand’s small team used grassroots efforts to spread the word about Green Roads. This was done through helping family and friends until the brand gained traction and was finally seen as an industry contender in both the eyes of the general public as well as CBD enthusiasts. Understandably, the brand and its team has grown considerably over the years.
- Highlights — Green Roads uses a variety of carrier oils and glycerine in its CBD products to enhance the bioavailability of its products as well as improve their taste. The brand believes in transparency, and therefore uses Kaycha Labs, an independent third-party lab, to routinely test all of its products. The clean, industry-preferred CO2 extraction process is also used to obtain all of Green Roads’ potent hemp extracts. Customers can choose between full-spectrum and broad spectrum CBD oils in a variety of strengths and flavors.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp comes from farms located in North Carolina, Oregon, and California where organic farming methods are used.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand offers a CBD and melatonin 750mg Sweet Sleep Oil. Green Roads’ full-spectrum oils come in strengths of 300mg, 750mg, and 1500mg.
- Lab Testing — Independent third-party lab, Kaycha Labs, regularly tests each batch of Green Roads’ products. All of the lab reports can be accessed through scanning the QR codes on every product that’s purchased from Green Roads.
- Customer Service — Green Roads’ customer service department is highly responsive to customer needs, questions, and concerns. Customer service is available via support email or live chat.
- Pros — Green Roads offers customers a large number of product options that have been tested by a third-party lab. The brand’s oils are clean, potent, and effective, and come in a variety of strengths and flavors.
- Cons — While having a large product variety is great, it can sometimes overwhelm customers.
NuLeaf Naturals: Strongest Potencies
In 2014, a group of plant medicine enthusiasts got together to found NuLeaf Naturals through their desire to create top-shelf CBD products that were natural, clean, organic, and thoroughly tested by an independent third-party lab. The brand’s hemp is sourced from licensed Colorado Farms. NuLeaf Naturals is involved in the creation of its products from seed to sale, as its team is responsible for the cultivation of the hemp, product manufacturing, and product sale.
All of the brand’s products are made using whole plant extracts. The brand also tries to steer clear from synthetic ingredients. NuLeaf Naturals’ hemp extracts are clean and potent because the brand uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process. All of the brand’s products are tested by an independent third-party lab. The reports are given to customers on request. Lastly, NuLeaf Naturals’ oil strengths range from 300mg to 6000mg.
- Highlights — All of the brand’s hemp is grown in the United States through sustainable farming practices. There are no preservatives or additives used in the creation of the brand’s products. NuLeaf Naturals’ products can be found throughout the United States and in 40 countries around the world.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s industrial hemp comes from licensed Colorado farms.
- About The CBD Oil — The oil strength ranges from 300mg to 6000mg. Only whole plant extracts are used in the creation of NuLeaf Naturals’ full-spectrum oils. Moreover, the brand uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to acquire all of its potent and clean extracts.
- Lab Testing — Like the rest of the brands that we’ve profiled, NuLeaf Naturals strongly believes that it needs to be transparent with its customers. To that end, it uses an independent third-party lab to ensure the quality and safety of its products. Each lab report can be found on the product pages of the brand’s website. Those reports contain information on the product’s cannabinoid profile, terpene profile, and testing results for residual solvents, pesticides, and heavy metals.
- Customer Service — Verified customer reviews account for how friendly and helpful the brand’s customer service department is. The team is fast to respond to each customer’s question, concern, and complaint. They are also extremely well-versed in the world of CBD, and are able to thoroughly answer customers in an attentive fashion.
- Pros — The brand crafts organic full-spectrum CBD oils, and has a reputation for being incredibly open and transparent. NuLeaf Naturals has all of its products tested by an independent third-party lab, obtains all of its potent extracts using the CO2 extraction process, and quickly ships out customers’ orders. As an added bonus, NuLeaf Naturals also offers customers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
- Cons — The brand only offers full-spectrum oils. Likewise, the brand’s prices are on the expensive side, and there is not much flavor variety for its CBD oils.
Lazarus Naturals: Sustainable Products
Since 2014, Lazarus Naturals has been on a mission to make the best, most effective, most affordable CBD products. The Portland-based brand has a staunch belief that CBD products should be widely available to everyone who needs them despite any financial or physical roadblocks. The Lazarus Naturals team creates sustainably made, potent, clean products for everyone and anyone.
Lazarus Naturals is involved in the creation of its products from seed to sale. All of the brand’s hemp comes directly from central Oregon and is pesticide- and herbicide-free. Because the hemp is also non-GMO and USDA Certified Organic, all of Lazarus Naturals’ products are pure, potent, and effective.
Lazarus Naturals regularly tests its hemp plants for pesticides, heavy metals, and potency levels. The brand’s full-spectrum oils come in a standard 15mg strength per 1ml in 15ml, 60ml, and 120ml bottles. Lazarus Naturals also produces a high potency 50mg oil per 1ml in 15ml, 60ml, and 120ml bottles, a French Mocha High Potency Tincture, and a high potency Chocolate Mint flavored tincture. For those that wish to stay away from THC, Lazarus Naturals also makes THC-free versions of its high potency tinctures in flavors of natural, Winter Mint, and Blood Orange.
- Highlights — The brand uses a cryogenic ethanol extraction process to obtain its hemp extracts. All of the extracts are then filtered to ensure that there are no impurities left in the final product. Lazarus Naturals goes to great lengths to make sure that its facilities are compliant with cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Sustainability is also important to everyone at Lazarus Naturals. To that end, the brand uses recycled and biodegradable packaging materials. Each order is also personally fulfilled by someone who works for Lazarus Naturals.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s hemp is grown in central Oregon and is free from herbicides and pesticides. The hemp is also USDA Certified Organic and non-GMO.
- About The CBD Oil — All of the brand’s oils have an earthy taste to them and are vegan, clean, and gluten free. The full-spectrum tinctures contain 50mg of CBD for each 1ml of oil. Oil size and strength: 15ml contains 750mg of CBD, 60ml contains 3000mg of CBD, and 120ml contains 6000mg of CBD.
- Lab Testing — Columbia Laboratories, a third-party lab, tests all of the brand’s products for solvents, pesticides, heavy metals, microbes, and potency. Customers can then find those lab reports by clicking the “Test Results” tab on each of the Lazarus Naturals product pages.
- Customer Service — The brand’s customer service department happily handles all customer questions and concerns. The customer service team, like everyone else at Lazarus Naturals, considers transparency to be a top priority. To that end, customers can expect to receive a thorough and honest response to all of their questions.
- Pros — Product prices are reasonable, especially when taking into consideration all of the high-quality ingredients that go into the making of each product. Lazarus Naturals offers a well-rounded variety of both full-spectrum and CBD isolate products.
- Cons — Ethanol extraction is used to obtain the hemp extracts.
What to Look for When Buying CBD Oil Online
At times, it can be difficult to tell the difference between a high-quality oil and a low-quality oil as you’re going through CBD brands online. In order to be sure that you’re purchasing the most potent, pure, effective high-quality CBD oils possible, you should:
- Thoroughly read all independent third-party lab reports for the products that you’re interested in purchasing. All reputable brands use an independent third-party lab to routinely test their products for quality and consistency. In fact, the brands should post their products’ CoA’s on their websites. The CoA, or Certificate of Analysis, is the independent third-party laboratory’s lab report that confirms a product’s safety, quality, and purity, among others. If you’re not finding lab reports on a brand’s website, then you should be able to email or call the brand to inquire how to obtain them. When reviewing third-party lab reports, look into whether the lab is accredited (as per the International Organization for Standardization, or ISO) and that the reports were produced recently and not a few months or years ago. Brands that use an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products for purity and potency tell customers that they believe in transparency and that they care about the CBD oils that they’re selling. Moreover, the brand should make those lab reports easy for customers to find on its website, or through inserting the reports into every product that’s purchased, or by furnishing the reports to customers upon request.
When reading lab reports, you should pay attention to:
- Organic and inorganic contaminants
- Ingredients, including natural or artificial flavorings and carrier oils
- Cannabinoid profile and concentrations — confirm that what’s in the report matches what’s on the label
- THC levels
- Confirm that the THC level is at or below 0.3%. This is one of the most important things to look at because according to the 2018 Farm Bill , all hemp-derived CBD products must legally contain 0.3% THC. While hemp-based CBD products are legal across the United States, each state has its own laws and regulations regarding CBD products. Any product that has over the legal limit of THC is most likely derived from marijuana, and is therefore illegal.
- Research the ingredients listed on the product label. Look closely at every ingredient that’s listed on the product label. Confirm that you’re not buying hemp seed oil. Be aware that hemp CBD oil and hemp seed oil are very different. While hemp-derived CBD products are hemp extracts, hemp seed oil contains barely any CBD at all. CBD is extracted directly from the hemp and cannabis plants, specifically from the flowers, which are rich in beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients. Industrial hemp strains contain 0.3% or less THC. Hemp seeds, however, contain a healthy amount of unsaturated fats and essential fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 6. Hemp seed oil is therefore sometimes used as a carrier oil for CBD extracts. Other types of oils that are used are olive oil, MCT oil, or other plant-derived, fat-based oils, as these are healthy medium-chain triglycerides and are easily digested.
Finally, look at other ingredients like coloring and flavoring. These ingredients should be made from natural plant extracts. Colorings and flavorings should be all-natural and of superior quality. Organically grown natural plant extracts are safe and highly preferred, while artificial additives can be harmful to your health. When looking at all of the ingredients that are listed on a CBD oil’s label, you want them to be clean, organic, potent, and sourced from sustainable and reputable means. It will be to your benefit to spend some time researching what a brand uses to create its oils as well as the process that the brand uses to make its oils.
- Examine where the brand sources its hemp and any other details you can find about the hemp that the CBD was extracted from. Don’t ever be afraid to thoroughly read up on a brand. Find out where the brand’s hemp comes from. Find out if the hemp comes from the United States or from Europe. The regulations for hemp from Europe are quite different from the laws and regulations in the United States. Likewise, look to see if the hemp comes from a regulated, organic farm. Organically grown hemp that comes from the United States is cultivated without the use of harmful herbicides, pesticides, or other dangerous chemicals. Clean hemp yields pure and potent CBD extracts.
- Read up on how the brand obtains all of its CBD extracts. The way a brand extracts its CBD from hemp matters. Currently, the CO2 extraction process is the industry-preferred way to obtain hemp extracts. Brands that use the CO2 extraction process have some of the cleanest and most potent extracts in the industry. CO2 extraction is also one of the safest methods possible because it doesn’t leave any harmful solvents or contaminates in the resulting extracts.
Is it Legal to Buy CBD Oil Online?
The great news is that it is legal to buy CBD oil online. As we stated earlier, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill, all hemp-derived CBD oil is legal to purchase throughout the United States providing that it contains 0.3% or less THC. Products made by brands that comply with the 2018 Farm Bill are safe and legal to consume. You should, however, double check the laws and regulations regarding CBD in your particular state as well as any states you might be traveling through. The 2018 Farm Bill made growing industrial hemp legal across the country, so now everyone in the US can have access to CBD oil products that have been sourced from regulated farms.
How To Best Use CBD Oil
It’s quite simple to learn how to use CBD oil once you get the hang of it.The most important thing to remember is that everyone’s body is different, therefore, what works for one person might not work that great for someone else. Since there is not one general CBD oil dose that works for everyone, you will need to take some time and find the dose that works best for you. A fantastic general rule when beginning a CBD oil regimen is to start low and go slow.
As an example, if you have a bottle of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum 600mg oil, start by taking a half a dropper full once a day — this will come to 10mg of CBD. Keep with this dose for one week before checking in with your body to see how you feel. After that, if you want to increase, next go to half a dropper full twice a day. This will come to 20mg of CBD oil a day. Stay on this dose for another week before checking in with yourself again. If you need to increase, then follow this pattern until you’ve reached the right dose for your body and your needs.
Consistency is very important when it comes to taking CBD oil. The oil will be the most effective if you take it around the same time every day. Additionally, taking your CBD oil with some food in your stomach is also helpful. When it comes to the most effective way for you to take the CBD oil, it’s best if you drop the oil under your tongue and hold it there for about 60-seconds. Holding the oil sublingually gives it the chance to enter into your bloodstream through the thin membranes under your tongue. When you follow this method, you should begin to feel the effects of the CBD oil within 15 to 30 minutes.
Lastly, your own unique health issues and wellness needs also help to determine the strength of the CBD oil you’ll need. For example, strengths like 300mg and 600mg are fantastic in supporting general health, while 1200mg and 2400mg strengths are great for tackling more difficult medical issues like chronic pain, insomnia, arthritis, anxiety, depression, and others. Keep in mind that you can always move to a higher strength of CBD oil if you feel like you’ve run out of options with dosages.
A Word About CBD Oil Dosage
Just as the dosage for prescription medication and holistic supplements is important, so too is the dosing for CBD oil. You should try to be patient when it comes to finding the right CBD oil dose. Just as we said before, everyone’s body is different, therefore, one single set dose will not work the best for everyone. Moreover, consistency is key. The best way to feel the full effects of the CBD oil is to take it consistently each and every day.
Time is also a big factor when using CBD oil. Sometimes, people who are new to using CBD oil get frustrated because they are expecting to feel immediate results. The truth is that sometimes it can take a month or longer before symptoms from difficult medical conditions are lessened or relieved. Everyone’s body is different. You have to also take into account the fact that everyone’s body chemistry works differently with CBD, holistic supplements, and even prescription medication.
You should never hesitate to reach out to your primary care physician or healthcare specialist if you have any questions or concerns about CBD oil or proper dosing. Your doctor can help guide you in the best way to use CBD for your particular health needs. CBD oil can be a wonderful addition to any natural supplement regimen, you just have to be mindful that it will take time for the full effects to be felt, you need to be consistent when taking the oil, and you need to be patient because finding the right dose for your body will take some time and adjustments.
What are the Benefits of Using CBD Oil?
Studies have shown that CBD oil has a wealth of benefits associated with it. In fact, research has found that CBD oil can:
- Quell Pain — CBD oil interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system. Because of this, it can help regulate sleep, appetite, pain, and immune system functioning. Scientific researchers have found that CBD can help lower chronic pain by calming inflammation and interacting with the body’s neurotransmitters in a positive fashion. In fact, people who are struggling with chronic pain often choose higher CBD oil strengths because they are better at tackling tough chronic and acute pain .
- Decrease Anxiety and Depression — As of late, there has been a movement among Americans to use holistic and natural methods to treat anxiety and depression over traditional prescription medications. Interestingly, scientists found that CBD has antidepressant qualities in many animal studies . Additionally, when you buy potent and clean CBD oil from a reputable brand, the oil will be more effective at calming down the symptoms associated with anxiety and depression .
- Potentially Calm Pain and Reduce Nausea From Cancer — Research has demonstrated that CBD helped to reduce pain and calm nausea in cancer patients.
- Help Treat Neurological Conditions — Researchers believe that because CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system, it may also have additional benefits for those diagnosed with neurological conditions. In fact, one recent study found CBD helped to decrease the amount of seizures in people diagnosed with epilepsy .
- Decrease High Blood Pressure — High blood pressure has been connected to strokes and heart attacks. In fact, one scientific study found that CBD oil helped to lower the resting blood pressure in a selection of healthy men. The same study also found that when the men participated in stress tests designed to increase blood pressure, one dose of CBD oil enabled the men to only experience a small rise in blood pressure.
- Help Calm Insomnia and Bring About Sleep — Sleep disturbances can be caused by a great number of things including anxiety, depression, prescription medications, increased caffeine intake, physical conditions like restless leg syndrome, and many others. CBD oil can help calm insomnia and increase sleep by getting to the heart of what’s causing the insomnia. Scientists found that CBD oils show positive results when taken consistently and around the same time each and every day. While CBD oil can help with sleep and insomnia , long-term effects take time to be felt, so it’s important to be patient. Moreover, purchasing clean and effective CBD oils from reputable brands helps to better your chances for a restful and restorative night’s sleep.
What are the side effects?
CBD oil is generally considered safe and is well tolerated among the general population. However, there are some minor side effects associated with it. Scientific studies have discovered that some of the side effects associated with CBD are:
- Changes in weight
- Changes in appetite
Also be aware that CBD oil can negatively interact with some prescription medications. If you are taking a drug that has a grapefruit warning on it, then you need to contact your prescribing physician before incorporating CBD into your existing supplement routine. Both grapefruit and CBD can negatively interfere with specific enzymes that are necessary for drug metabolism in the body. Grapefruit and CBD can cause too much medication to enter into the bloodstream, which can lead to liver toxicity, or, in the worst case scenario, drug overdose. Therefore, it’s imperative that you talk about taking CBD with your primary care doctor before beginning to take the oil on your own.
Some Closing Thoughts
If you’re a first-time CBD oil buyer, it can be confusing and frustrating to figure out which brands are the best ones to purchase CBD from. Since the rise in CBD oil’s popularity, a great number of brands have burst onto the scene. The first thing to remember when looking for CBD oil online is that not every brand or product is created equal. There’s no need to stress anything because it pays to slow down and put some time into researching both the brand as well as the CBD oil. An educated consumer is a powerful consumer. Our top seven brands for the best CBD oil online is a fantastic place to begin your research. We’ve put time and careful consideration into choosing these brands because, in our view, they are the best that the CBD industry has to offer. Moreover, we’ve chosen FAB CBD as our top brand because its products are not only clean and effective, but also because the brand cares deeply about being transparent and has a warm and empathetic customer service department.
We understand that some buyers could be apprehensive about purchasing CBD oil online because they might have been misled by a less reputable brand with poorly made products that are laden with dangerous pesticides, herbicides, solvents, and other harmful chemicals. The good news is that while everyone makes mistakes, not all companies are out to deliberately dupe customers. If you’re looking to purchase CBD oil online, it’s important to remember the simple criteria we’ve mentioned in our guide so that you’ll be more informed and aware as you hop online to peruse CBD oil brands and products. Patience, education, discernment, and research are key to navigating the online world of CBD oils.